Cell migration is a fundamental, yet complex biological process involved in almost every aspect of human biology. In a healthy individual, it is critical to our immune response and wound healing. Cell migration also plays critical roles in disease, specifically in the areas of asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, tumor growth, as well as atherosclerosis and vascular disease.
Traditionally cell migration has been measured using a 2D wound healing assay, an in-vitro assay where a scratch is made through the centre of a confluent well and rate of healing calculated via wound area and wound width measurements.
Cell-IQ can perform these experiments with ease extracting far more information than standard tests allow.
- Label free
- Automated analysis process
- Wound density, confluency and width measurements
- Kinetic quantification of total cell number
- Kinetic quantification of additional parameters e.g. live, dead and dividing cell counts
- Distance traveled by cell population
- Speed of movement of cell population
- Verification of data via review of images series and movies
Be sure it's migration you are measuring not proliferation, with Cell-IQ you will know for sure.
Wound Closure Measurement Cell Population Analysis
Live cells (red) Dividing cells (green)